This past week has been crazy! After talking in depth with our RE, we have decided it is in everyone's best interest (okay, just mine and Gene's) to move forward with IVF. It seems we have a lot working against us. If it was just one issue, with me, or if I were fine and Gene had one issue, we would have a lot more choices. Continue trying on our own, or even start off with IUI. My RE sadly told us we just have bad luck. That someone my age should not have to be facing all these obstacles. He said if we wanted to use donor eggs we would have a lot more time to work with. We could dilly-dally until I'm 40. But if I want this to be OUR (genetic) baby, we have to move and move quickly. My eggs are what they consider to be "aging." Actually I think he said "old" but let's just call them aging. Given that, plus my endo, plus Gene's poor morphology, our chances to get pregnant on our own are probably 1-5% and with IVF less than 50%. I don't have a plan beyond this one cycle. I told Gene that if this doesn't work we should just take it as a sign, and spend the rest of our lives by ourselves traveling. I don't think I really mean that, but it makes me feel better to THINK I would be okay with this. I am trying to fool my own subconscious!
I am staying positive about the whole situation and trying not to get whiny and ask "why me?" I deeply believe this is all unraveling the way it is meant to.
This week has been spent calling different pharmacies and getting prices on all the meds I will need to be on. The list is overwhelming:
DOXYCYCLINE 100 MG CAPSULE
METHYLPREDNISOLONE 16 MG TA
MONOJECT .5ML SYRN 28GX1/2
B-D NEEDLES 18G 1.5
PLASTIPAK 3ML 22GX11/2
PROGESTERONE OIL 50 MG/ML V
OVIDREL 250 MCG/0.5 ML SYRG
GANIRELIX ACET 250 MCG/0.5M
FOLLISTIM AQ 900 UNIT CARTR
LOW DOSE HCG 10IU/0.15CC
FOLLISTIM AQ 600 UNIT CARTR
FOLLISTIM AQ 300 UNIT CART
The goal is to inject myself with lots of hormones and grow and mature as many eggs as possible so they can "harvest" them. I've heard they can get as few as 4 and as many as 30 eggs. The more eggs, the better chance that there will be some high quality ones in there!
I'll probably be ordering the meds on Monday and once I get all my consent forms signed and notarized and then get financially cleared, we'll be ready to start.
Overwhelming but very exciting! Please send your positive thoughts and vibes our way!




No comments:
Post a Comment